I’m sure fall is on all of our minds, as Mississippians, amid several 100+ degree days, but do not fret. Cooler weather is way closer than you may imagine, and we are getting ready for all of the best fall fashion choices so we can be warm, comfy, and en vogue.
Something for Everyone
Whether your personal aesthetic is southern preppy, cowgirl chic, cool and comfy, ethereal boho or something else, there’s no doubt that shopping in Mississippi is a fun experience. There are clothing options for every size and style profile.
My Fall Fashion Predictions
We all want to look our best and look in style. Well, what is in style nowadays? I got a chance to speak to Ms. Gwen Sanderford— owner of Eve Marie’s about her predictions, but first, here are mine:
1.Flare Jeans. Flare jeans have been all of the hype lately. Since Lainey Wilson hit the stage with her signature flare jeans, the style has taken off. I think this look is going to be huge in Mississippi this fall.
2.Off the shoulder tops/sweaters. These were super popular years ago. For some reason, I feel like these are going to make a comeback in the cooler weather— especially as a transitional piece!
3.Cowboy/cowgirl hats. If you’re anything like me, you probably grew up getting a new cowgirl hat for Christmas every year for years. I’ve been seeing quite a few people sporting this look, and I think that more Mississippians are going to channel their inner southern charm and whip out their cowboy and cowgirl hats this fall!
4.Graphic T-shirts. These fun shirts are making a comeback, and I am ready to see more of these this fall! Have a favorite band or singer? Get ready to rock them this year!
5. Fringe. This is such an adorable and fun touch to add to any outfit. Whether you want to add a fringe vest over your graphic t-shirt or a fringe skirt, this style is sure to be flaunted all fall!
Where to Shop in Hattiesburg
Hattiesburg, MS has a plethora of locally owned boutiques to choose from. Check out these three local boutiques to find something you can feel confident about wearing this fall.
Located at 3901 Hardy St. # 90, Hattiesburg, Eve Marie’s is the longest standing boutique in Hattiesburg, MS. Drop by for some fun, fall fashion! This boutique is owned by Gwen Sanderford.
There’s something for everyone’s vibe at Vibe Clothing Company. This chic place is located at 5180 Old Hwy 11 Suite 2-4, Hattiesburg. Vibe is owned by Heather Blisset Thompson.
Simply Chic by Fetchie Boutique
The name is fitting for the stylish clothes this boutique offers! Simply Chic is located at 163 Turtle Creek Dr Suite 160, Hattiesburg!
In addition to these boutiques (and more), Hattiesburg has an array of department stores to find your favorite fall fashion items.
What Does Gwen Think?
I got a chance to speak with the new owner of Eve Marie’s, Gwen Sanderford. Here is a list of all the trends she says are back in style this fall!
- Leather. Gwen said that leather is back!
- Cropped overalls
- Cheetah and leopard print sweaters
- As a matter of fact, this trend has been so hot, Eve Marie’s has sold out of all of their lounge wear! In addition to this, she told me that their loungewear is versatile. These pieces can be dressed up or down and are dressy enough for work or casual enough for a day of errands!
- Flare jeans
- Corduroy pants
- Cropped pants
- High-low tops
- Satin/velvet blend shorts
- 80s style is back in town!
- Gold beaded bracelets
- She informed me that gold-filled jewelry doesn’t tarnish, lasts longer, and is also very affordable!
- Turtle necks
- Pencil skirts
- Gwen states that this trend has taken off with many high schoolers and young adults. Wearing sneakers with everything, from leggings to dresses is in style!
- Cowboy boots
- This style is most popular among teens and young college girls.
The Final Stitch
I think we can all agree that we are ready for cooler temperatures. Luckily, we have plenty of amazing boutiques to choose fashionable items from. What trend are you most excited to try out this fall?