[penci_blockquote style=”style-3″ align=”none” author=””]Organizations build on successful history of collaboration, form partnership to advance quality of care and increase access to healthcare technology, critical services and more for communities along the Gulf Coast[/penci_blockquote]
- Building on a shared commitment to quality patient care. Ochsner is recognized as a national leader in quality, having earned recognition by U.S. News & World Report in the top 50 for many specialties, including Ochsner Hospital for Children being recognized most recently as a top 50 children’s hospital for cardiology and heart surgery in the new 2020-21 Best Children’s Hospitals rankings, the only children’s hospital in Louisiana or Mississippi to receive this honor. In addition, most Ochsner hospitals and both Singing River locations have earned an “A” rating by the Leapfrog Group, a nationally renowned rating agency recognizing healthcare organizations committed to outstanding quality and patient safety.
- Expanding services for patients across the Gulf Coast and exploring further regional growth together, so that more patients can receive the care they need closer to home.
- Fostering innovation in healthcare delivery through Ochsner’s expanded technological and digital capabilities, including expansions in telehealth, digital monitoring and artificial intelligence.
- Providing more healthcare solutions for employers to assist them in providing innovative healthcare to their employees.
- Sharing resources and best practices to provide more efficient care, allowing the organizations to explore how to lower costs for patients while continuing to deliver high-quality care.
- Providing a more coordinated experience and ensuring continuity of care for our patients. Both health systems use the Epic electronic health record platform and will be able to share information seamlessly. Singing River will coordinate with Ochsner on Epic optimization, further improving care coordination and creating a more streamlined patient experience among the two systems.
- Developing a robust pipeline of clinical talent and providing new opportunities to train the next generation of clinical and administrative healthcare leaders.
- Expanding access to clinical research trials and clinical education, helping the organizations stay on the forefront of bringing life-saving, innovative advances to our communities.